Discover Naramata is a non-profit, member-run organisation, acting as an informal Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Bureau for the community of Naramata, BC, Canada. The society’s mission is to encourage visitors to experience the existing charm of Naramata, support business initiatives, and encourage interest in the Naramata area.
Membership in Discover Naramata has its benefits:
- Discover Naramata’s Guide & Tourist Map: This programme was started 2012 and has continued every year since. In 2016, 20,000 copies of the Guide/Map were printed and distributed free of charge throughout the Thompson-Okanagan corridor. Each year, the Discover Naramata Guide/Map is available in select Visitors Centres, at all Naramata Bench wineries and at all the member businesses such as lodgings and stores. The 2017 Guide Map is expected to be available for distribution mid to end of May.
- DN Website listings: With over 2 million pages viewed annually and approximately 150,000 unique visitors, this site is a very important tool for advertising your accommodation, restaurant, art or artisanal work, as well as activities and services.
- Redesigned website to be even more effective: the site has been reworked completely in 2016 so as to be responsive (meaning it will adapt to the device it is viewed on such as tablets, smartphones as well as standard computers) and now features image galleries for each business listing as well as more in-depth information about each business for visitors, events taking place in the area, and even an illustrated history of Naramata.
- On-line accommodation request form: allows visitors to direct their booking requests to accommodations that suit their needs effectively and automatically.
- Social Media presence: Discover Naramata provides member businesses with a place where to advertise upcoming events or activities both on the site, and on our social media accounts (see the Board of Directors page for contact information).
- Discover Naramata’s Visitors Centre: is located at 176 Robinson Avenue in Naramata. The Info/Visitors Centre is open from May through to the end of September. The Centre promotes Naramata, its local businesses and activities by providing a point-of-contact for immediate advice and assistance. Questions the staff answer range things-to-do, to where to stay, where to eat, public events, directions, and general tourism related services.
- Discover Naramata’s mailing address:
Discover Naramata Community & Business Society
P.O. Box 164,
If you are interested in becoming a member of Discover Naramata, please use this link to get in touch with the director responsible for membership.